If you have any difficulties with your entries, someone at The Caples Awards can help [email protected]
- All work submitted should have been published or broadcast between September 1st 2016 and the competition closing date of Friday April 20th 2018. (The reason we are extending the eligibility period to eighteen months is because campaigns created in late 2016 may only have been able to reconcile their results in 2017.)
- Only campaigns that have been accepted for publication and have been showcased in Directory magazine issues 41, 42, 43, 44 , 45 and 46 qualify for the £50 entry fee discount.
- All entries must be submitted using The Caples Awards standard entry submission form, which asks for the idea to be described in terms of: 1. Background. 2. Idea. 3. Results. Presentation boards in JPG 'landscape' format are welcomed but not mandatory. Video case studies (either .mov or MP4) are also helpful but should not be longer than 2 minutes.
- All entries will be judged online and given marks by the individual judges. All work that reaches Finalist standard will be brought back and discussed by the jurors before further voting.
- If entrants believe the physical sample of their campaign would help the jury in their deliberations, the sample(s) should be mailed to The Caples Awards office, Tottington Barn, 352 Rochester Road, Aylesford, Kent ME20 7ED.
- In uploading entries to The Caples Awards online or by submitting entries in any other way, entrants thereby agree to pay all the relevant entry fees, which must be paid by Friday May 18th. Failure to pay will result in work being withdrawn.
- Any campaign which is withdrawn after being submitted and received by The Caples Awards forfeits the entry fees payable.
- 20% VAT is payable on entries from all UK-based individuals or agencies. Entries from other countries are exempt from VAT though entrants from EU countries are required to provide their VAT registration numbers.
- Entry fees can be paid online at caples.org/pay. Or by cheque payable to The Caples Awards Ltd. Or by bank transfer. To arrange the method that suits you best, email [email protected].
- The Caples Awards is an award show that celebrates creativity. Entries will be judged for their originality and inventiveness. Results are, of course, important but they do not in themselves determine whether a campaign wins an award.
- The winners of the Best in Show Award, Most Radical Strategy Award, Best Art Direction Award, Best Copywriting Award, Best Design Award and all Gold Awards will each be given a Caples trophy. All winners will also receive certificates. Replica Gold trophies as well as Silver and Bronze trophies may be purchased from The Caples Awards shop as may Gold, Silver, Bronze and Finalist certificates.
- It is not the case that there has to be a Gold, a Silver and a Bronze winner in each category. If the jury decides that none of the work in any category merits any award, Gold, Silver or Bronze, then they have the right to make no awards in that category.
- If the work is of a sufficiently high standard in any category, the judges may award as many Golds, Silvers and Bronzes as they see fit.
- It may be that the judges ask for proof of eligibility. In other words, the work should have been produced in response to a brief and was approved by and paid for by a client. The judges will not want to reward work that has been produced purely for the purpose of entering awards shows.
- The judges' decisions are final.
- Every entrant is entitled to juror feedback within one month of the awards show on Thursday May 24th as to why their submitted work did or did not win an award.
- All entrants give permission to The Caples Awards Ltd to use their entry materials in any publications, videos, exhibitions and roadshows The Caples Awards Ltd may deem necessary to help promote the awards. The Caples Awards Ltd is not responsible for the payment of royalties or other charges against the activities mentioned. Each entrant agrees to not hold The Caples Awards liable against any claims concerning the material submitted.
Open for Entries Monday January 22nd
Deadline Friday April 20th
Late entries There is a lazybones surcharge on any campaign or entry submitted after this date
Judging Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd May
Awards ceremony Thursday 24th May, London
Long lie-in Friday May 25th
Show Book July 2018
How to Enter
Download The Caples Awards entry form
Complete the form Background, Idea, Results.
Pay By credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) by emailing [email protected] and asking to be invoiced. Please note - even though we do ask for payment within 28 days, some agencies choose not to pay for 60 or even 90 days. If we haven't got your money actually in the bank on Monday May 21st, your work won't get judged.
If you have had work in Directory To make it even easier to enter The Caples Awards, if you have had a campaign accepted for publication in Directory Issues 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 or 46 then we will use your submission to the magazine. No need for you to do anything except write in the BACKGROUND box of the entry form the Issue Number of the magazine in which your work appeared.
Requirements Boards should be hi-res JPEGs, preferably 10mb minimum. Films/videos/movies should be .mov or .mp4.
All images, videos and completed submission forms should be uploaded at caples.org/submissions
If entrants believe the physical entity of their Direct Mail piece will help the jurors get a better idea of its quality and/or delivery, it should be packaged and sent to:
The Caples Awards Ltd.
352 Rochester Road,
Kent ME20 7ED, UK.
Single entry £300.00 GBP
Multiple entry £350.00 GBP
Radical new strategy entry £350.00 GBP
Lazybones late payment £50.00 GBP on top of the entry fees above for any submission after Friday April 20th 2018.
Special friends £50 fee reduction for any entry submission made by an agency that is a current subscriber to Directory magazine.
£50 fee reduction for any entry submission of a campaign or idea accepted for publication in Directory Issues 41~46.
How to Enter
A step-by-step guide on what you need to do and what it costs to enter work.Download Guide